I grew up on the fringe of Melbourne on acreage with a menagerie of animals. I love the mountains and I love to ski. And I love a rest day curled up in front of the fireplace with an amazing book and the snow falling quietly outside of the window. I love the ocean and the sand and the salty tang of winter waves. Watching a storm brew over the water and the fury of it slashing across the sky. The amazing colours. The grumble of thunder. The heavy, thick air. I love nature in all its forms.
FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I’m a Paediatric Clinical Neuropsychologist by day and have the great privilege of working with inspiring, tenacious kids who have learning difficulties and/or a congenital or acquired brain condition. I feel blessed and love every minute! Kids are so brave and resilient and strong.
- My favourite authors – so many – but Nora Roberts, Stephanie Laurens and more recently Liane Moriarty. Did I mention I love series romance especially the Sexy and Desire lines? Not to mention the work of my critique partners: Beverley Eikli/Oakley, Nina Campbell and Joanne Dannon. Star writers!
- I live in Melbourne with my husband and two kids, a tween and a teen; and our puppy and our parrot.
- I’m a contest judge and love reading the work of other writers. I’ve met some wonderful writers, who provide so much encouragement and support. In the words of Stephen King: “Writing is a lonely job. Having someone who believes in you makes a lot of difference.” Another writer understands the heady highs and lows of writing, and the obsessive need to get better, to be tough, to be persistent and tenacious in the face of rejection. Writing is a painful joy. A pleasure. An art.
- I’m a procrastinator and a dreamer. But here I am, a writer with published books.
I’m a proud member of the Romance Writers of America and Romance Writers of Australia.
I’ve finalled in a number of contests since 2010 including:
- Finalist Book Buyers Best Award 2020 with Shatterproof (book 1, Heart of Glass series);
- Finalist RWA Ripping Start 2017 with The Bachelor (now Bachelor on Board, coming soon);
- Third place in the Romance Writers of America Golden Pen in 2014 with Desert Bride, Scandalous Affair;
- First place in the Romance Writers of America Golden Pen in 2012 with The Billionaire’s Perfect Bride;
- Finalist Romance Writers of America Golden Heart in 2012 with Bachelor: Baited, Hooked and Bedded;
- Third place in the Harlequin Mills and Boon High Five contest in 2012
- Finalist in the RWNZ Clendon 2010, the High Five, the RWNZ Great Beginnings 2011 and a highly commended in the RWNZ Clendon 2011…