I grew up on the fringe of Melbourne on acreage with a menagerie of animals. I love the mountains. The fresh mountain air. The clean, squeaky snow. The amazing sunsets. The beauty of the snow in the trees. And I love to ski. And best of all? A rest day curled up in front of the fireplace with an amazing book and the snow falling quietly outside the window. I love the ocean and the sand and the salty tang of winter waves. Watching a storm brew over the water and the fury of it slashing across the sky. The amazing colours. The grumble of thunder. The heavy, thick air. I love nature in all its forms.
FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I’m a Paediatric Clinical Neuropsychologist and have the great privilege of working with inspiring, tenacious kids who have learning difficulties and/or a congenital or acquired brain condition. I feel blessed and love every minute! Kids are so brave and resilient and strong.
- My favourite authors – so many – but Nora Roberts, Stephanie Laurens and more recently Liane Moriarty. Did I mention I love series romance especially the Sexy and Desire lines? Not to mention the work of my critique partners: Beverley Eikli/Oakley, Nina Campbell and Joanne Dannon. Star writers!
- I live in Melbourne with my husband and two school age kids, a puppy and a parrot.
- I’m a contest judge and love reading writing by up and coming writers. I’ve met some wonderful writers through RWA who provide so much encouragement and support and understanding. In the words of Stephen King: “Writing is a lonely job. Having someone who believes in you makes a lot of difference.” Another writer understands the heady highs and lows of writing, and the obsessive need to get better, to be tough, to be persistent and tenacious in the face of rejection. Writing is a painful joy. A pleasure. An art.
- I’m a procrastinator and a dreamer. But here I am one step closer to my dream of being a proper romance writer, you know, one with published books.
I’m a proud member of the Romance Writers of America and Romance Writers of Australia.
I’ve finalled in many contests since 2010 including:
- Romance Writers of America Golden Heart in 2012 with Bachelor: Baited, Hooked and Bedded, a Harlequin Sexy Romance with a bodyguard hero and a touch of suspense;
- First place in the Romance Writers of America Golden Pen in 2012 with The Billionaire’s Perfect Bride another sexy, contemporary romance, with an Italian hero, his son, who has selective mutism; and an Aussie heroine who loves them both.
- Third place in the Romance Writers of America Golden Pen in 2014 with Desert Bride, Scandalous Affair
- Third place in the Harlequin Mills and Boon High Five contest in 2012
- Finals in the RWNZ Clendon 2010, the High Five, the RWNZ Great Beginnings 2011 and a highly commended in the RWNZ Clendon 2011…